Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
Especially if you’re not from Italy, it’s important to know which is the best place to stay in Sicily for a week. Indeed, Sicily is a huge island, and it would take a minimum of 2 weeks to visit all the most interesting spots.
For this reason, we created an itinerary for you. In order not to miss the best place to stay in Sicily for a week, you can follow it and enjoy your short holidays.
First, you will visit the fantastic Taormina. Then, you’ll move down to Catania. Finally, you will reach Syracuse.
Also, if you want, you can book one of our private services, to easily reach the airport at the end of your stay.
Itinerary – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
So, if you are planning your trip, you might want to know in advance which is the best place to stay in Sicily for a week. In order to help you plan your stay, we designed an ideal itinerary for you. Also, we will list the best things to do and where to sleep, according to your budget.
Moreover, note that this is an itinerary of the East Coast of Sicily, but you can find more tours of Sicily at the bottom of this article.
Now, let’s start this East Coast Tour of Sicily, with the best place to stay in Sicily for a week.
1. Catania – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
First of all, why starting from Catania? Especially for its direct flights from the UK, Catania Airport is the biggest and busiest airport in Sicily. Also, it is one of the most important in the South of Italy. So, it’s easy for you to find cheap tickets.
Moreover, Catania is the second largest city of Sicily. Notably, the city was destroyed by an earthquake and rebuilt in the Sicilian Baroque style. So, it is today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Where to stay in Catania – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
To start with the best place to stay in Sicily for a week, we should consider your budget. Therefore, we’ll list 3 accommodations, voted by the customers.
- First, low budget. Customers gave 4.5 out of 5 to the Eco Hostel. In particular, the liked the cleanliness and the kindness of the staff.
- Second, medium budget. Also, the Hotel Villa Romeo obtained 4.5 out of 5. Mainly, customers appreciated the location and the spaces.
- Finally, the high budget. Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze seems to be the best place to stay in Sicily a week, when in Catania. In particular, tourists appreciated the location and services.
2. Syracuse – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
Now, let’s see a bit more why Syracuse deserves a visit. First of all, the area has some of the best beaches in Sicily. Moreover, there is one of the best conserved archaeological sites in Europe. In particular, this site contains the impressive remains of the ancient city and the Greek amphitheatre.
Where to stay in Syracuse – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
So, let’s see which is the best place to stay in Sicily for a week, when in Syracuse. As previously shown, we will list three accommodations, according to the budget.
- First, low budget. The Residence Arco Antico received good reviews, mainly for the location.
- Then, the Caportigia Boutique Hotel is the favourite one for the medium price category. Indeed, the hotel received positive reviews mainly for the parking and the location.
- Last, the Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel is the Best place to stay in Sicily for a week when in Syracuse. Mainly, customers appreciated the size of the rooms
3. Taormina – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
First of all, Taormina is a beautiful and ancient city, with a nice city centre. Also, it’s near to Giardini Naxos and amazing seaside resort. Now, let’s see the 3 favourite accommodation of the customers.
Where to stay in Taormina – Best place to stay in Sicily for a week
- To start, the B&B Fontana Vecchia has been appreciated for the size of the rooms and the localization.
- Then, the Hotel Casa Adele is the best place to stay in Sicily for a week when in Taormina if you have a medium budget. Indeed, it has only 5 starts score.
- Last, the Maison D’Art Casa Arico Taormina received positive comments regarding the staff and the location.
Best tours of Sicily
Eventually, you can find several options to discover Sicily in one week. Above all, we would suggest our Five days tour of Sicily. Indeed, in five days, you will discover the unconventional Sicily. Then, you will also enter in the local culture, discovering the Sicilian life, history and places. Moreover, thanks to our Private Drivers you will not have to worry about anything. Indeed, they will take care of.
Moreover, you will visit all the main cities of Sicily. Among which, Messina, Tindari, Cefalu, Palermo, and Syracuse
Best Services in Sicily
In conclusion, if you prefer to travel by yourself, at your own time, you can book one of our private services. For instance, we have a shuttle service from the airport to your favourite location on the island. Also, we can bring you to the main port or train stations.
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.